Thursday, May 27, 2010

I'm Here!


I have arrived, safe and sound, in Malawi!! After two flights, a visit to the city, grocery purchases, and money exchange, I'm in Nkhoma! I'm headed to the guesthouse of the Nkhoma Hospital soon to meet fellow volunteers, to unpack, and get some rest. I cannot wait to get "home" unpacked and settled in for the next 3 weeks!

This is the photo of the Nkhoma Guesthouse - a place I would call home for the rest of my stay in Nkhoma. The people at the Guesthouse made my time in Malawi so fun and wonderful. Thanks to everyone!

The scenery here is to die for and this promises to be one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. I've decided to try everything I can, be as adventurous as possible (while still being safe, MOM), have a positive attitude, and always wear a smile. Here goes nothing!
Tomorrow brings a tour of the hospital and the village, getting my bearings, and a futbol (okay, for you Americans, soccer) pickup game in the afternoon.
Blog soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment